FACT: The unemployment rate for people with disabilities in the US is double the national average.
That's pretty sobering, isn't it?! But here's the thing: There are inspiring entrepreneurs out there who are changing the game for people with disabilities – and Mark Cronin and his son, John, are two of them.
Mark and John are the founders of John's Crazy Socks, an e-commerce company that sells fun and colorful socks while also employing people with differing abilities. In this episode, they share their story of how they started John's Crazy Socks, the challenges they've faced along the way, and the lessons they've learned about entrepreneurship, business, and life. They also talk about how you can be an ally and advocate for others with disabilities in your own community, spreading happiness, and living life to the fullest.
Inspirational and motivational, this episode is a must-listen for anyone who wants to learn more about entrepreneurship, business, and social change!
Join us as we discuss:
(1) The story of how John's Crazy Socks came to be, and the mission behind the company
(2) Why giving back should be an important part of every business
(3) The importance of following your dreams and not letting a disability define you
(4) Why diversity & inclusion isn’t just the right thing to do, but it’s also good business practice
(5) How to advocate for people with differing abilities
(6) The value of building personal relationships with your customers
(7) What you can do to become part of the John's Crazy Socks community and help spread happiness!
Connect with Mark and John
Want more tips to help you launch & grow your online business? Click here to join the FREE Quit Your Job, Sis Facebook Community!Support the show