Coding can be a great way to make some extra money or start a freelance career (even as a complete beginner). But where do you start? In this episode, Julia Taylor, CEO and founder of GeekPack, shares her story of building her business as a self-taught coder and offers advice for aspiring freelancers. She's helped countless women learn to code and is passionate about making coding accessible through her own signature program, GeekPack.
She discusses why you should consider coding, how to get started, and what to expect as a freelance coder. She also shares her experience dealing with imposter syndrome and how you can use it to your advantage. Whether you're considering a career in tech or even if you're just curious about what coding is all about, this episode is for you!
Join us as we discuss:
(1) How coding can be a great way to a successful freelance career
(2) How to start coding for free, even as a complete beginner
(3) The importance of finding a community or mentors when learning to code
(4) Why Julia believes that anyone can learn to code
(5) How to add value for nonprofits as a way to gain experience and testimonials
(6) The challenges of imposter syndrome and how to overcome them
(7) How to find success in coding or in freelancing in general by solving people's problems
This episode is sponsored by Team Treehouse. Sign up for expert-led video courses to start your journey into coding, programming, and design. Perfect for beginners, intermediate, and advanced learners. Click HERE to learn more now for a special offer!
Connect with Julia
Website & Free 5-Day Coding Challenge: https://go.geekpack.com/live-5-day-coding-challenge
Want more tips to help you launch & grow your online business? Click here to join the FREE Quit Your Job, Sis Facebook Community!
For more inspiring content that will help you up-level in your life & biz, follow me on Instagram @lindsaymhanson. Use #QuitYourJobSis to show you’re listening!
Support the show